The health, welfare and safety of our guests, employees and hoteliers is paramount at Best Western® Hotels & Resorts. The COVID-19 health crisis has had a tremendous impact on families, communities and businesses around the world. We understand that your travel plans may have been affected by the rapidly changing information on travel restrictions and event cancellations. With your safety and satisfaction at the heart of Best Western, we are working diligently to support you during this challenging time.
Best Western Asia Policy
Effective Date: March 23, 2020
As we continue to monitor the impact of COVID–19, the Best Western Hotels & Resorts cancellation policy is as follows:
- The policy applies to any reservation for any future arrival date.
- The policy applies to hotels located in the Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Vietnam and Japan
- Guests may cancel at any time, as long as cancellation occurs least 24 hours before arrival, and the reservation is cancelled on or before May 30, 2020.
- Hotels will waive all fees associated with the cancellation of the booking.
- If guests can not cancel the booking by themselves, please reach out to our customer care agent to cancel the booking for you.
- Only booking made via bestwestern.com and Central Reservation Office (CRO).
- A more restrictive cancellation policy may apply to a limited number of high-demand dates at individual hotels.
Cancellation Policy Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are you making this change?
R: Best Western® Hotels & Resorts has a loyal customer base which has been negatively impacted by the current climate. This change will give you the flexibility and peace of mind you need when making a reservation.
Q: I didn’t book through bestwestern.com, how do I cancel my reservation?
A: If you booked through an online travel agent or other third-party, you are advised to contact the original booking provider for information on their policies.
Q: I am trying on bestwestern.com to cancel an existing reservation I booked on that site, but the website is telling me that I can’t cancel the reservation. What should I do?
R: When you booked, your reservation had a specific cancellation policy. This new policy supersedes that policy. If you booked the reservation through Best Western’s Central Reservations Office or on bestwestern.com, we can assist with the cancellation. However, if you made the reservation at the hotel, you will need to contact the hotel. Additionally, if you made the reservation through an online travel agency (e.g .Expedia or Booking.com), you need to contact the online travel agency to cancel the reservation.
Q: Does the less restrictive cancellation policy apply to all future arrival dates?
A: Yes, the cancellation policy applies to all future arrival dates for reservations that are booked or changed, and then cancelled on or before May 30, 2020.